Current/Recent Reading List

21 March 2007

Well, Crap.

So a couple of months ago I received some correspondence from district court asking me for updated information in order to confirm I was still an eligible member of the district's jury pool. The correspondence promised - PROMISED - that this in no way constituted any impending summons to jury duty.

Want to guess what I got in the mail yesterday? Yeah - ye old summons to jury duty.

My time begins the week before spring break, which actually might be fortuitous considering how the students behave at that time, and what they verbalize regarding their lurid prom plans, beach plans, etc.

Or, maybe I'll get there, tell them that my favorite stories to teach involve the death penalty or severe criminal punsishments, and hope someone from the defense wants me dismissed.

No comments: